As Christians we are called to be a light to our world. "...let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:16
At Regina Christian School, we endeavour to teach our students to be a light in their community. Each year, students from kindergarten to grade 12 are provided with opportunities to participate in various outreach opportunities.
Here are some of the ways we give back:
Inner City Mentorship Program
- Throughout the year, our Inner City Mentorship Team spends time with students from Kitchener Community School, engaging them in a variety of activities: Gym Mania afternoons (an afternoon of fun and games), baking, arts and craft activities, community visits, as well as a spring carnival. Once a year, our team also partners up with the students of Scott Collegiate School and together we put on a similar, but larger mentorship event. This event again includes Kitchener Community School, as well as two other Regina inner city schools; Seven Stones and Albert Park Elementary.
- Outside of this partnership, we provide our Inner City Mentorship Team with opportunities to serve with parachurch organizations. Some of our students volunteer their time with The Party, The Burger Bus, Souls Harbour, YFC and other inner city ministry agencies.
Discipleship Vacation Bible School
- Students from grades 7 - 12, participating in our Inner City Missions Outreach which is held annually over the Easter break, are given the opportunity to put on a Discipleship Vacation Bible School for kids from Good News Chapel and Healing Hearts Church.
Food Bank/Salvation Army
- Throughout the year, students donate their time to help those less fortunate by volunteering at the Regina Food Bank and Haven of Hope Salvation Army by sorting food and putting together food boxes for those in need.
Senior Care Home Visits
- There are a variety of ways that students connect with the residents of our local care homes. Each year, kindergarten students visit the seniors residents of Precious Villa, where they complete crafts, play games, bake cookies, plant flowers, play with bubbles and sidewalk chalk, and sing with the residents. This time together is invaluable for both RCS students and the senior residents!
- Additionally, both our elementary and high school choirs sing and entertain the residents of Wascana Rehab and various other care homes and seniors residences throughout the city.