Coronavirus School Updates
MARCH 20TH, 2020 UPDATE
March 19th, 2020 Update
Teachers received some clarifications and updates from the Education Response Team earlier today. This team is comprised of the representatives from the Ministry of Education, The Saskatchewan School Boards Association, the Saskatchewan Teacher’s Federation and several other education partners within the province.
I felt it important to provide some of this information to you as it clarifies and updates the messaging you have already received. If you hear things that are contrary to these key messages and they have not come from RCS or directly from the government through reliable media sources, they are quite likely not accurate. We will be sending out updates and posting them to the RCS website as we receive them.
Please see the key points below:
- The Premier and Minister of Education have indicated that students will progress, and that those students who are eligible to graduate will do so.
- The parameters and a framework for education delivery and grading is yet to be established but work is underway.
- We expect that teachers will have opportunities to continue learning activities after March 27. There will still be opportunities for students to progress on the mark they have at this time. We are not closing off the school year at this time.
- Further direction will be coming from school divisions in term of plans for next steps in the context of the COVID-19 response. Updates will be provided and also posted on the RCS website.
- While the suspension of classes has been deemed to be indefinite, it is not known what timeframe will be involved as this will depend on decision made by Saskatchewan’s Chief Medical Health Officer.
I want to thank all our families for the support they have given myself and the RCS staff during this time. It’s been so much appreciated. While this is certainly not pleasant, it brings us to the realization that no matter how much planning we do there are always things that are out of our control. Times, such as these, help us to keep things in perspective and realize that God is our ever present help in times of trouble.
God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Psalms 46:1
May you all feel God’s peace and presence as you spend time with your children over the next week.
Regina Christian School
March 16th, 2020 Update
Good Afternoon Parents & Guardians,
As you are aware classes will be suspended indefinitely as of Friday March 20th. For the period of March 16th to March 19th, pre K to grade 12 classes will wind down. Parents who are able to keep their children home should do so.
We will receive more information in the next 24 hours as to what the coming days will look like and will continue to pass this along as we receive it. Please click on the link below for the Government of Saskatchewan's press release today.
Rod Rilling, Principal
Regina Christian School